Did you mean: 

Confusion around Airtime plan on my pay monthly phone

earmstrong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was hoping someone might know a bit more about cancelling airtime plans within the minimum contract period. I've been with o2 for over two years now, and I know online it says you can unlink and pay monthly for the phone.

I just tried to ring o2 there and it was absolutely no help as they had no clue what I was talking about. I used a PAC to transfer to EE and they unlinked my phone on my account and now I'm apparently paying monthly for only the device. Does this mean I'll get a default for the contract? I'm a bit new to all this credit stuff so its really stressing me out as I didn't mean to unlink the airtime plan, and I have no clue how PACs and stuff work as the guy in the EE shop had to do it for me. I thought I'd still be paying the airtime plan anyway alongside my EE until the end of my o2 contract.

If anyone knows how this will affect my credit file it would be a great help, as contacting o2 was just stressful and no help at all.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

To answer part of your question @earmstrong -

The terms are quite clear but no surprise that many agents don't know the rules.

For customers who took out an O2 Refresh contract on or after 17 December 2021
If you decide to end your Airtime Plan within the first 24 months of the Device Plan, you’ll need to pay off your Device Plan in full when you end your contract.
If you're cancelling after 24 months but still within the minimum term of your Device Plan, your Airtime and Device Plans are unlinked. This means you can either; (i) continue paying for your Device Plan in instalments, or (ii) pay off your Device Plan in full.

Leaving O2 | Account and billing | Help & Support | O2

If you Text INFO to 85075 it should show your device plan balance and that you can cancel the airtime for free, so probably best done online rather than hoping to find an agent who's aware.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

To answer part of your question @earmstrong -

The terms are quite clear but no surprise that many agents don't know the rules.

For customers who took out an O2 Refresh contract on or after 17 December 2021
If you decide to end your Airtime Plan within the first 24 months of the Device Plan, you’ll need to pay off your Device Plan in full when you end your contract.
If you're cancelling after 24 months but still within the minimum term of your Device Plan, your Airtime and Device Plans are unlinked. This means you can either; (i) continue paying for your Device Plan in instalments, or (ii) pay off your Device Plan in full.

Leaving O2 | Account and billing | Help & Support | O2

If you Text INFO to 85075 it should show your device plan balance and that you can cancel the airtime for free, so probably best done online rather than hoping to find an agent who's aware.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Message 2 of 4

earmstrong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the help,

Do you know if this means on my credit file the agreement will go down as settled for the airtime device? As I currently have two open agreements with o2 at the moment, one for a loan, which I'd assume is my device plan and one which is £0 a month. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

The loan is your Device Plan - and if you need to check for sure (The text of INFO to 85075 should come back with how much balance remains and when the date of last payment is currently), you can call the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm (and possibly the Bank Holiday on 06-May-2024)

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4