cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely different device replacement?

Dch29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My 8month old pixel 6 pro 256gb developed a hardware fault, ummed and arred about who to go through with warranty claim, but went with O2 as it was a contract phone. Read all the horror stories about their repair center so documented everything until it was sent.

Received at the repair center then notified me about it needing to be replaced about 2-3 hours later. Great I thought, notified my device will be on its way and given a DHL tracking number, I thought I must have been one of the lucky ones.

Day later phone turns up and they've decided that a Samsung S22 ultra is an adequate replacement and to add insult to injury the hardware flawed exynos 2200 version.

Upon contacting o2 I'm told to contact the repair center which I refuse to do I then mention raising a complaint to which the response was a manager 'authorised' inconvenience fee to add to my account I then refused to which actually put me through to a manager to ultimately raise a complaint but was also asked to ring the repair center again...

My contract is with o2 why on earth would I contact the repair center but more importantly they have also now eliminated the possibility of myself going to Google without even asking?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Dch29 

O2 must (have to) deal with this.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Dch29 

O2 must (have to) deal with this.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yet another horror story about O2 repair centre which is why we ALWAYS recommend dealing with the phone manufacturer when  having warranty issues.

Message 3 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@Dch29 were you able to get in touch with O2 about this?

Message 4 of 9

Dch29
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've raised a complaint as the people I have spoken to couldn't do anything.

I haven't had any further communication or even a confirmation of the complaint being raised to the email I provided them other than the the number they gave me during raising it.

Out of curiosity I've also spoken to the repairs center who confirmed I shouldn't have been sent the Samsung but couldn't tell me why or offer any immediate resolution. The person on the other end said they will message the relevant department and get back to me today which still hasn't happened as it currently stands.

Message 5 of 9

Dch29
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to add to the above I've since received a call back from the repair centre, saying that because it was booked through O2 there is nothing they can do sadly and that O2 should not be telling me to contact them at all.

Fancy that.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

Exactly why I replied above as I did.

Hope you get sorted @Dch29 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 9

Dch29
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Indeed, in hindsight it was definitely the wrong decision to take a chance on but luckily I've been round this block quite a few times with other companies and things going wrong so I document everything out of habit now. 

Message 8 of 9

Dch29
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seeing as I have had a robot poking me to accept a solution, here is an update:

Still no response to complaint or even a formal acknowledgement other than various forms of 'we know its there' via chats.

Live chat have said to just wait and I can just use the device I have been sent in the meantime, opening up something sealed that I know is incorrect just seems wrong so that wont be happening.

Both Facebook and Twitter responded by saying that doesn't sound right, they both then clarified that some times when the original device is no longer available a a newer/better model (which I don't accept with the sent device) will be provided but I should have been notified of this which wasn't the case. They then both haven't responded since.

At least Resolver is getting a lovely detailed case file I built. I've also had google confirm, after updating them on the issue, that had I just sent it to them it would have been a like-for-like replacement and to request the phone back from the retailer. I find it highly unlikely I'll manage to get my original device back at this stage though. 

So its going well. Ha.

Message 9 of 9