Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

Ali12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out 2 sim only contracts for myself and my husband and trying to get watch airtime plans added on has been impossible. This involves 2 more credit searches and I am getting declined as o2 say too many applications. I wrote to the credit referrals teams with no response. I have called numerous times to be passed from one department to an another getting nowhere. Out of sheer frustration i logged a complaint on 4th January. Auto response advised I will hear back within 5 working days but heard nothing. Where do I go from here?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ali12 

You have no real choice but to wait and apply for the watch contracts at 30 day intervals.

The system will auto reject if it sees too many credit searches in a short period of time.

O2 won't tell you why you were rejected either so pursuing customer services won't really help either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ali12 

You have no real choice but to wait and apply for the watch contracts at 30 day intervals.

The system will auto reject if it sees too many credit searches in a short period of time.

O2 won't tell you why you were rejected either so pursuing customer services won't really help either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Ali12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Surely there is a flaw in their processes that to simply add an airtime watch plan is another credit search? One of the store suggested I wait 3 months but my contract is only for 12 months and I am already nearly 3 months in. I am tempted to try another network but unsure if I will just get the same issues? Any thoughts? Also worried these continued credit searches will be affecting my overall credit score?

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Ali12 

You may do as they will see your credit file, and it will show multiple applications in a short amount of time. 

o2 have  risk profiles and credit and affordability checks which they will be carrying out when you apply. 

I remember the days when you where only allowed one line unless you had been a customer 6 months, no declined payments and you had to be in good standing. 

O2 are getting harsher on upgrades as well now... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4