Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed O2 account still showing as active with Equifax but not Transunion

Arcaphos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I cancelled my O2 contract at the end of the 18 month term on the 24th November 2023. Everything has been successfully paid off and there are no issues relating to that. When I look at my transunion credit report it shows that my O2 account was successfully closed on the 28th November as I'd expect. However when I look at Equifax it shows up as an active Borrowing and Telecoms Account for the monthly cost of the contract. There's still no mention of any missed payments or anything, but I'm surprised it's still showing up as active, given that it says the information regarding the account was updated on the 14th December, after the point where Transunion seemed to receive notification the account had been closed.

Is this likely to be an issue with Equifax being slow to update their information, or on O2's side failing to notify Equifax of the account closure?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Arcaphos 

It can be anytime up to 6 months before all credit agencies get round to doing updates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Arcaphos wrote:

Is this likely to be an issue with Equifax being slow to update their information, or on O2's side failing to notify Equifax of the account closure?

@Arcaphos 

If this is of particular concern to you, have you considered asking that question of Equifax ?

They are at :-

Contact us I Equifax Personal Solutions UK

https://www.equifax.co.uk/Contact-us/Contact_Us_Personal_Solutions

Message 3 of 3