Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClearVision / Scam - PLEASE Help

HollyPhone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all I received a call last week from someone who said they were from Clear Vision which was part of O2 and that they could help me upgrade my pay monthly contract . I agreed to a contract with them and gave them my PAC code (an error in hindsight) and have not heard anything from them since (not even an email confirmation). 

I then got a call from O2 up the same day to ask why I was leaving, at this point I realised I had been scammed. I asked them to stop my number porting over and cancelled the direct debit set up immediately.

Now when I call O2 its saying I'm not a customer and to contact the "independent service provider and contact them on the number on the last invoice" which I do not have.

There is a company called clear vision who are a legitimate company but they don't have any record of me. 

o2 business advised my contract is now with symphony communication (the number online doesn't connect)

This is a horrible experience and I feel stupid to have been fooled.... to add to this all of my voicemails have been deleted in the process, having recently lost a parent this is very distressing as I had saved their messages!! 😞 

To try and prevent anyone else going through this I will escalate to ombudsman but if anyone can help / offer advise in the interim that would be great

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@HollyPhone 

O2 need to escalate this to the fraud team.

Call back and ask them to do so.

See this guide for more advice https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Scam-Alert-Vishing-Smishing-amp-Phishing-Megaguide/td-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

HollyPhone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I'm trying to contact them slight_smile

Message 3 of 3