Did you mean: 

Clear Vision - Scam?

A17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I received a call last week from someone who said they were from Clear Vision which was part of O2 and that they could help me upgrade my pay monthly contract (it happened to be around when my contract expired). They also had basic info about my account such as my data usage, etc…

I agreed to a contract with them and gave them my PAC code (an error in hindsight) and have not heard anything from them since (not even an email confirmation). I called O2 up the next day to report the call and try and cancel the PAC request which they said they could do but when I rang up the day after to check, the person I spoke to didn’t think it could be cancelled.

I managed to find out that my number was due to port across on the 28th, and rang up every day before then to try and get the PAC request cancelled but despite being assured it could be done, today I seem to be losing service. I also logged into my O2 account which is now showing as not having an services with O2.

Does anyone have any advice?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145059 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@A17 

Sounds like you need help from @O2Emma 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 15

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 3 of 15

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @A17 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 4 of 15

G10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma my wife had exactly the same experience as A17 last Thursday 23 March. As she did not get promised confirmation email and found her o2 account had been closed, o2 customer services said she had likely been scammed and needed to contact her bank, they escalated to fraud department. This led to extreme stress. Today she received an email from Clear Vision saying they had set up a direct debit. She had no idea who this company was as o2 informed her she had transferred to a company called Symphony. On calling Clear Vision to cancel and get PAC code to transfer back to O2, they refused on both counts and said they had a verbal contract and there was no cooling off period. They also would not tell her the terms of the contract ie the monthly payment. Please can you help her get out of this situation. You should also be aware that this company is pretending to be you and on their website say they are partnered with you. Your customer service team admitted these 3rd party companies were stealing your customers. Serious action needs to be taken as they are asking for bank details and getting customers to give them PAC codes which is against security protocols 

Message 5 of 15

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6806 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@O2Sarah-  is on tomorrow morning hopefully she will be able to help.

Clear Vision is an O2 'Trusted Partner' with dubious sales techniques.  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@O2Emma @A17 
In 2021 we had another post about these scammers.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/I-had-a-call-today-from-a-firm-called-Clear-Vision-trying-... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli 

@G10 Symphony are an o2 partner I will send you a private message about this.

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@O2Sarah- 

They also are like Ariel who offer only business contracts which are of no use whatsoever to people who want a personal contract.

We always advise customers to never take out a contract from a cold caller. The way they have treated @A17 is absolutely outrageous.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Carm555
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I had the same experience last Wednesday 10/05/2023, but as yet I have had no contact from Symphony, and I cannot get O2 to keep my number - they misrepresented themselves and said they were from O2 and my contract was due for renewal also.

Can you help?

Carmel

Message 10 of 15