Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges

Dan123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I went to the USA for two weeks I kept my phone on airplane mode for the entire time except for when I landed for around 2 min I took the airplane mode off to send and email to my mum now iv got 34 pound charge why is this and I find it crazy to change that much
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145885 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28086 Solutions
Data costs £7.20 per mb to use in USA so yes it is expensive but clearly stated on international roaming help pages.
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 145885 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28086 Solutions
Data costs £7.20 per mb to use in USA so yes it is expensive but clearly stated on international roaming help pages.
http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123840 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@Dan123Had you added the O2 travel bolt on you would have paid £4.99 a day in the US

"Every day you'll get all the data you need, 120 minutes to make and receive calls, and 120 texts.

You'll only be charged on the days you use O2 Travel. The daily charge applies from midnight to midnight UK time. The daily charge won't be triggered by receiving calls or texts. Any calls you do receive during the day will be automatically included in your 120 minutes daily allowance. You'll only be charged if you exceed this limit within the same day period. Any calls after you exceed the 120 minutes daily allowance will be charged at the standard roaming rates for your selected destination

£4.99 a day: USA, UAE, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Cape Verde, China, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Albania, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Panama, Uruguay, Venezuela, Botswana, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Honduras, El Salvador.

https://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145885 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28086 Solutions
Yes that’s all in the link I posted so at least they’ll know for next time.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123840 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes that’s all in the link I posted so at least they’ll know for next time.

I understood what you posted thanks....however I specifically mentioned how much cheaper it would have been had they added O2 Travel. (for next time) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Cleoriff I would agree with you. It’s always nice for people to know about the o2 Travel Bolton. 👍.

People don’t always know where to look or understand things, which is why they come to the forum.

It’s a shame that o2 don’t add this as a default 😀

Be much easier, but then you would get the odd person saying I’ve sent 1 sms and got charge £4.99

You just can’t win sometimes lol

Hi @Dan123 Welcome to the Forum.  This is common as mentioned and such a shame it’s happened.  It’s a shame that you didn’t come on here first as all the members would have advised you what to do.  

You could try speaking to o2 customer care and see if they can do anything for you. You never know.  But the charges will be correct. As soon as you take the phone of flight mode etc, it’s starts doing what is needed for it to work, which is use data I’m afraid.  I do hope you enjoyed the states though 😀🇺🇸 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 6