cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged £230.92 after cancelling 2 Sim only contracts within 14 day cooling off period

VinceB70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out 2 sim only contracts with O2 on 29th December 2022 and then because the signal was abysmal at my home location I cancelled them within the cooling off period. I was then charged £11.30 x2 on 17th Jan. I then called and was advised a refund was being raised. This refund has never been received and now today 1st Feb I have a further two charges from O2 in my bank of £104.16 each.  I call customer services and get told I should have cancelled the direct debit to avoid the termination fees getting charged and that the initial refunds of £11.30x2 where never processed. Why have I been charged when there is a legal right to cancel the contract within the 14 day cooling off period and for them to process a refund it will take 5-10 working days and thats even if they remember to do it. Shocking! I want a call from a manager based in the UK, not South Africa and an immediate refund and not to be told the quickest way to resolve it for me to contact my own bank and request they put the money back in.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144439 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@VinceB70 

You need to speak directly to payment management.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

cjy8
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have this exact same issue, i cancelled my sim as soon as i recieved it as i found out  as i was mis-sold by a virgin rep and the prices didn't match, they deactivated the sim over the phone. a month later they still took money via direct debit.

I've immediately cancelled the direct debit and hope they don't try something dodgy, what company doesn't bother cancelling the a direct debit!

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

This is a customer community. I will tag an O2 accounts advisor.

@O2Jonathan can you please look into the issues @VinceB70 and @cjy8 are having?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Neworderfan84
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We've got similar issue. Contact cancel with the 30 days notice, should end on the 29.10.2022. Forward to now, few other payments were taken out even though number not in use! And now after cancelling the direct debit, sending a letter out that we owe them money! We don't.. in fact, it's o2 that owes us money. 

Someone needs to follow this through, otherwise its getting escalated. 😡

Message 5 of 8

Neworderfan84
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Contact cancelled* (auto fill in)

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

How did you cancel the contract @Neworderfan84 ?
If you didn't follow the steps in the below guide then it might not have been cancelled correctly:

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Have you been back in touch with customer services as to what is going on?

Either call them on 0344 809 0202 or 0800 902 0217 (the second number if payment management direct number).

Or message on social media:

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

Neworderfan84
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Over the phone with customer services, as we were advised to do so. The new number is still with o2 (we took a new contract with the phone and new number, then they were meant to migrate his old, but for some bizzare reason weren't able to). So we haven't even left the network. Thank you. We will try the number you've provided, let's hope he can sort it out. 

And we tried to contact them since Thursday and apparently there is nobody to speak to, so any other contact number will be helpful. 

Message 8 of 8