Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

Shamrock_Sean
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I'm new here to O2 and wanted to clear something up. I took out a brand new contract on O2 Refresh with a Galaxy S23 Ultra but with 2GB data only. I now do need more data which is unlimited data. I asked O2 customer services chat if I can change to this unlimited data tariff and was told NO. They said it is not available to me and that if I did change my tariff I would lose benefits of current tariff. Losing benefits does not bother me I just need unlimited data. Anyway, it states I can change my tariff on My O2 on 19th March after my first bill is paid. And unlimited option was available to me when I took out this contract. So why am I being told otherwise?? I am very irritated and if I cannot change to this higher tariff then I shall return this new contract. O2 website states the same that I can do so but I want clarification from the community that I can also. I will be  extremely unhappy if this is the case.

Thanks in advance 

Seán

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

O2 Customer Services chat is not the best place for that question, @Shamrock_Sean - reach out to O2 on 202 around 08:15 tomorrow morning, or ask O2 via Social Media, links just below this post.  Refresh does permit Flex Up and Down, but only on the next payment date (so you'll have to wait at least a month to get it activated). More here - good luck!

https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

O2 Customer Services chat is not the best place for that question, @Shamrock_Sean - reach out to O2 on 202 around 08:15 tomorrow morning, or ask O2 via Social Media, links just below this post.  Refresh does permit Flex Up and Down, but only on the next payment date (so you'll have to wait at least a month to get it activated). More here - good luck!

https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

Message 2 of 9

Shamrock_Sean
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh ok that's fantastic news to hear I'll call them tomorrow, thank you 😊 

Message 3 of 9

pgn
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

You're welcome. I added the link to Flex page, and it links to the O2 Ts&Cs if you need to refer to them tomorrow morning on the call.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Shamrock_Sean 

It's one tariff change per month only so you'll need to wait until the next billing period to change to unlimited.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Shamrock_Sean
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I forgot to ask when I change my tariff on 19th March which is when it says I can. Will it change straight away?? I don't wanna to have to wait another month for it to change to unlimited data. 

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Shamrock_Sean 

Normally you'd have to wait but if you call O2 to do it, it should be immediate.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Shamrock_Sean
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh OK good thanks you 😊 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9