Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing ownership of sim contract

Gch50
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My foster son has had to move on and has taken my SIM card with him. It is a pay monthly contract that doesn’t end until 2023. Is there any way I can transfer the sim to him and let him pay it monthly?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gch50 

The contract can be paid for from his bank and that can be changed in the MyO2 for the account, but the name and ownership cannot be changed without cancelling the contract and having a new contract setup in his name if he passes the credit checks etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gch50 

The contract can be paid for from his bank and that can be changed in the MyO2 for the account, but the name and ownership cannot be changed without cancelling the contract and having a new contract setup in his name if he passes the credit checks etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2