Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from O2 Refresh to Sim Only

Yiggy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I have had a look but couldn't see anything. Sorry if I have missed a previous query like this. 

I am currently out of contract on a rolling pay monthly deal. I am getting an iPhone 12 independently and want to switch to a Sim only deal. Something like the £20 a month 100GB deal O2 are currently offering on a 12 month sim only contract. 

1. Is it easy to just switch over?
  2. Can I get the Sim Only offers on the website even though I am an exisiting customer? I assumed I could because I would be signing a new 12 month contract? 
  3. Whats the best way to process this? I cant see any way to do it online so should I just call the customer service team? 

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Yiggy 

Just upgrade to sim only in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

upgrade2.PNG

Edit to add, if you want to use 5g, you'll need to request a new sim when going through the checkout process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Yiggy 

Just upgrade to sim only in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

upgrade2.PNG

Edit to add, if you want to use 5g, you'll need to request a new sim when going through the checkout process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

Yiggy
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is really awesome. Just done that and its worked perfectly. I had not noticed that option before. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 8

Oj
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Similarly I’m in a pay monthly that I want to change to a sim only. I paid a bill 10-11 days ago, can I switch over half way through the month or will I still be charged at the end of the month for my current tariff plus the new one I pick up?
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Oj 

You will be charged for the current contract up to the day you change and for the new contract for the remainder of the month. So your bill will be lower assuming your SIM only is cheaper. 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

Oj
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So my current bill is £37 and my new sim only will be £10 so will I get charged a figure in the middle of those two at the end of the month?
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Correct

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 8