cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from Pay Monthly to pay and go as 02 would not ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
... change the name on my account. I changed my name back to my maiden name in 2006 and after I sent in the documents, 02 changed my name on the bill, but when I logged in it still had my old name online as the account holder, I phoned and was informed that they do not change the account name under any circumstances. They said, you would have to go to pay and go, then in 3 months, apply for a new account. So I did this, and was asked what sim I wanted, I asked for 02 unlimited, as all my family are on 02. They sent me 02 simplicity text and web. I have an old nokia and it doesn't do web! The only way I could change it to unlimited was to text LINK to a number on their website, and it said it would change 30 days later 😞 So far I have topped up £30 in 20 days. I have sent them an email on their website, but I was wondering, does anyone know a faster way to get this changed?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Views 4 - Replies 0
grin
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its easy, you just needed to call O2. They will change the tariff for you and it will start within 24 hours.
I think there is a misunderstanding about the name issue, using the phrase 'Changing the name on the account' has the connotation you want to change assign the account to someone else. I would think that if you were to call and say that you have got married, your surname has changed and you need to update your online details with the marital name, it would be easier. Certainly, worth a try.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Views 4 - Replies 0
grin

Probably because you posted in the middle of the night?
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You never know how many are up at that time. There could be all sorts of 02 vampires types about slight_smile
Message 5 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Stevyjones is on holiday grin

grin grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its easy, you just needed to call O2. They will change the tariff for you and it will start within 24 hours.
I think there is a misunderstanding about the name issue, using the phrase 'Changing the name on the account' has the connotation you want to change assign the account to someone else. I would think that if you were to call and say that you have got married, your surname has changed and you need to update your online details with the marital name, it would be easier. Certainly, worth a try.

I agree, the OP would have been asked to send in decree nisi or deed poll showing the name change and this would have been actioned, no need to cancel the contract.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stevyjones is on holiday grin

Post of the week!
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I told them about it originally I had to send in the divorce documents and the deed poll, and they changed the name on the top of the bill to the right name, and when I speak to them they call me by my right name, but the account holder still shows up as my old married name. This is what they said they cannot ever change. I spoke to them on the phone today and they couldn't really sort it out and have passed it higher up the help chain slight_smile and emailed me to let me know it's being looked at. So it might be a good outcome.
As for the tariff, I found the place on the 02 website to send them a message and they replied within a few hours and just after seeing the email, my tarif was changed slight_smile
Thanks for replying, made me feel less A L O N E slight_smile
Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You're never alone on the O2 Forum! slight_smile
You can have a chat here any time:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39202
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11