cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of name/ address and lost phone!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this is pretty hilarious...

I lost my phone last week on pay monthly. Unfortunately I hadn't got round to changing my address on my account so there is no point in being sent a new sim. I also only have photo ID in my married name (my account is in my old name) so can't go into a shop.

Can't seem to activate anything without having access to my old phone number ahhhhh!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Start of calling customer service to update your address details.
Change your name with this form
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(HomePhone...
How to report loss
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Have you tried calling them? You should be able to take suitable photo  ID into a store

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Start of calling customer service to update your address details.
Change your name with this form
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(HomePhone...
How to report loss
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have told me they can only change my address if they can send me a code to my phone! But I will try to change my name. Thanks

Message 4 of 8

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, please report your lost phone!!!! Thanks!

To be honest, I am PASG so I cannot change my address but, I thought that "pay monthly" could change it by using MyO2 on a PC, if you can access the forum... 

@jonsie wrote:

You need to open your latest bill and you will see the option under payments. 

billing addres.png

Please let us know how it goes thumbsup

Thanks @MI5 and @jonsie for the help! heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You need to be able to receive a text to your registered phone to change address in My O2.

It's vital to keep your details up to date. 

Message 6 of 8

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

What makes sense! Thanks!  @jonsie and @Anonymous for the confirmation! heart_eyes

@Anonymous, did you report it lost and CS didn't help you? flushed Let me send you a Private Message to understand it better ok? Looks like they are not helping so much sweat

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Customer service can establish other ways of confirming your identity rather than sending a text if you call them and explain but a report of a lost phone on file will better support you in this case.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8