cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Can anyone advise...I was wondering if I cancel my contract, would I have to pay a charge and if so how much? I have 12 months left.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Won't be a refresh tariff as it only started around August this year.....

@Akasha09 if you call CS on 202 they will give you an exact figure.

If you are looking at upgrading to a refresh tariff you will get 25% discount on your termination fee......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi you would have to pay the line rental x12 up front just the line rental not any bolt ons you may have

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If a person is not on a refresh tariff they could sell the phone to raise some Capital to help pay off the fee.

Edit : People on Refresh tariffs are not allowed to dispose of the equipment until the agreement has been paid in full.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Akasha09 if you call CS on 202 they will give you an exact figure.

If you are looking at upgrading to a refresh tariff you will get 25% discount on your termination fee......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous @MI5.

Valid point.

I added that to my reply for two reasons.

1, If anyone searches the forum about cancelling their contract and see my reply about selling a handset to finance an early termination fee, it will highlight people are not supposed to sell a handset on a refresh style contract.

2, I once omitted to put that in one of my past replies and it was pulled apart for not mentioning the fact.

I now try to watch my replies so that I'm not left open to flaming.  slight_frown

I've slightly re worded my reply.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Still not sure why or what they'd do as long as you kept on paying for the phone ?
It's no different to the non refresh contracts where you are still paying for the phone anyway - it's just not itemised separately.......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suggested as much but was quoted chapter and verse aka T&C's
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I really can't see O2 wasting any time on this as long as they got paid for the phone.......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed.

{which is purely my own private opinion and in no way infringes the Refresh T&C's regarding this particular subject matter.}

wink
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ditto slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10