Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my airtime plan but continuing to pay for the device plan

courtneyoliviam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

title basically says it all, but I have the iPhone 13 on contract for 36 months and with a refresh plan. my issue is that I've had this phone since April and at first the coverage was really good but for the last 3 / 4 months my data and signal has been poor, its just so slow, I have full bars of signal majority of the time and 4g but my data will just not work its so slow as if ive only got 1 bar of signal, it seems unfair that I pay £20+ a month for an airtime plan when i dont get any use out of it because it doesn't work up to the standard that it should. if I contact o2 what are the chances they'll allow me to cancel the airtime plan without a fee so i can switch my Sim - card to another provider on pay as you go and then just still continue to pay the device plan as normal? to prove that it doesn't work every time I've had full bars and 4g/5g etc,  I've screenshotted my screen many times where it has been loading for a ridiculous amount of time.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Not very likely @courtneyoliviam 

See if any of the advice on the below guide helps, including using the My Network app to report "issues" where the data is excessively slow.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

If you report it a few times then you can start to show that the service is not great, and if there are notes on your account from you calling you build up a picture you can use in a complaint.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
  • 6836 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

I'm afraid you are locked in for 24 months on the airtime and this is linked to the phone. So they are joined at the hip, so to speak

So it will cost you  I'm afraid

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

Not very likely @courtneyoliviam 

See if any of the advice on the below guide helps, including using the My Network app to report "issues" where the data is excessively slow.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

If you report it a few times then you can start to show that the service is not great, and if there are notes on your account from you calling you build up a picture you can use in a complaint.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23253 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3698 Solutions

@courtneyoliviam What you want to do can't be done. See this guide: How does O2 Refresh work?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4