cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract (appalling service worst ever.)

DANIELE1272
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello whoever can help so the last 3 weeks or more now.  I have had no access to calls, texts or network.  I have tried everything calls having been on hold for more than 2 hours and the o2 live chat which I cant see to access now.  

I have also emailed the resolution team from my personal email as I cannot access my works email due to being on lockdown, although I can pass all the other check required.  The answer that O2 has provided on three occasion is reset network settings haveing done this 3 times no luck.  They then advised me to request a call back although I could not as I am on lockdown with access to 1 phone number my o2 contract, which ain't working.  I was then advised to wait 24 hours after resetting settings again it does not work.  I was then promised a new sim card and guaranteed that this will work...  Again this did not work my phone is unable to switch on mobile data at all in setting or on the toolbar.  At a loss, I called with the luck of a family member coming to visit for them to advise me to reset network settings and activate sim card again.  So I was then advised to put the sim card into another phone an old Samsung s8 I had I did and began the whole process mentioned above on that phone....... No luck I am in a situation here with no means of contacting o2 regularly until this covid 19 disappears which does not look like it will be any time soon at least a month,  So haveing explained this I will be cancelling my direct debit but haveing said ll this my bill is up to date and I have no bars in the account confirmed by a so-called o2 guru on the phone when I eventually got through on Thursday after more than an hour.   

Am I in my right to cancel as I believe this to be in breach of my contract on o2s behalf who have only offered me to not pay for the line the next bill although I have had a notification my bank saying a payment of 20 is to go out tomorrow which makes no sense as it is not due and I paid it the week before last....   Can I cancel or get a new device before I go mad in my house with no communication literally to the outside world unless I sit and talk to my grumpy neighbour and I cant do that as I feel it will make it all worse....................

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@DANIELE1272 

You can cancel but you will have to pay any outstanding amounts

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Also if you stop your direct debit you will be in breach of contract and this will have a dreadful impact on your credit rating.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@DANIELE1272 

You can cancel but you will have to pay any outstanding amounts

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Also if you stop your direct debit you will be in breach of contract and this will have a dreadful impact on your credit rating.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Very disappointed from a long standing loyal customer, who is no longer satisfied with the package. My current tariff is unacceptable considering my average monthly usage. I request a pac code as I no longer wish to remain with 02.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27629 Solutions

@MH 

How to get PAC Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MH 

How to get your PAC here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck with the new etwork. Please don't cancel your direct debit until you have a zero balance.

Message 6 of 10

DANIELE1272
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So are they not in breach of the contract then by not providing me a reliable network. And all of that I got one sentence back is there no other option as O2 has have not provided a resolution
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You would need to make a complaint before you are able to possibly leave the contract. If you get no satisfaction from the complaint you then need to wait 8 weeks for a deadlock letter before going to the regulator

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 8 of 10

DANIELE1272
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou and yes over the weekend I did make a complaint just waiting for a response in the email.  

Message 9 of 10

DANIELE1272
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Haveing made a complaint it has been escalated now for an engineer to look at it only another 5 days to wait.

Message 10 of 10