cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract and requesting PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been onto live chat to cancel my contract by giving 30 days notice which takes me up until end of contract agreement.  Asked for PAC code and was told there would be an additional charge for this even though payment in full for 24 month contract would be received!!  Is this correct??

Fiona

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
No, there is no charge for requesting a PAC.
You will still be charged until the end of your contract though if you use the PAC before the end date, so I guess that's what live chat meant - sometimes the language differences cause confusion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144466 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
No, there is no charge for requesting a PAC.
You will still be charged until the end of your contract though if you use the PAC before the end date, so I guess that's what live chat meant - sometimes the language differences cause confusion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123000 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Also important not to cancel your direct debit until the final payment has been taken by O2.

A guide here if you want further information

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup think so, after asking "how much?" at least a dozen times I eventually got a final price!
lol
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123000 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yup think so, after asking "how much?" at least a dozen times I eventually got a final price!
lol

LOL I can laugh @Anonymous....but then it wasn't me dealing with Live Chat. Thank God you were persistent Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they're more persistant than me as I have 5 missed calls from them since this morning!  

More info
More info
Crazy
Message 7 of 7