cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract/PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, wondering if someone could clarify something for me.. Basically my 24 month contract ends on 9/4/14, because I'm an eejit, I never realised I had to give 30 days notice before ending my contract..
However, rumour has it, if I request my PAC code, and give it to my new network, my contract will be terminated immediately and my final bill will be generated. Does this then void the 30 day bit so I could just end with 02 without paying the extra 30 days?

Would be so grateful if someone could help, I'm seriously backwards in all things phone related...
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as you use your PAC on or after the 9/4 you will be fine as your contract has been fulfilled
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much!
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very helpful, thank you!
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome slight_smile
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A shame to see you wanting to leave @Anonymous 😞

Which ever Network your thinking of porting to I would suggest ,if you have not already, test them out via a payg sim where you live, work and commute to ensure they give good signal.

Also if your phone is locked to O2 then it's free to unlock to pay monthly customers and £15 to payg.

You can then use it on other networks or it improves the street value of the phone for selling. wink

Unlock Form ; https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

How a PAC Works ; http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

Take care.
Message 8 of 8