Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling as Bill Payer without Account Holder

sophangelx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, a friend of mine has a contract with O2, which expired in 2022. However, the contract is in his mothers name, who he is no longer in contact with (and wouldn’t be able to even if he wanted to) Since then, he’s still been paying it, but everytime he tries to cancel it (paying £33 a month for nothing), Customer Service won’t allow him to do so without his mother being there.

As he is the bill payer, he was going to just cancel the direct debit, however he’s concerned there may be implications that he’s putting on his mother by not paying it. (As much as they aren’t in contact, it’s not in his nature to do that). I would have thought that as the contract expired in 2022, it’s not legally binding & so wouldn’t have any legal implications.

then I saw that he could request a pac code & give it to a new provider, and they would cancel it on his behalf. Again, will they need confirmation from the account holder to do this or will it go through automatically?

Customer service are just sending him round in circles & nobody seems to be able to help… so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@sophangelx 

Just get the PAC and move networks.

It will cancel O2 with nothing else needed.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@sophangelx 

Just get the PAC and move networks.

It will cancel O2 with nothing else needed.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2