Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a contract

Maseyy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, im just hoping for a bit of advice here and wondering what the best option for me to take is.

Some years ago, I took out two contracts with o2 under my name, one for me and one for my mum. I have continued with paying them an they are up to date with me due for an upgrade in Feb 24 and my mum due for one in June 25. Unfortunately my mum died from cancer recently and now I'm stuck paying for a phone and contract that I have no use for.

I was wondering if there is anything I an do other than paying off her phone (such as me paying off my phone, as its significantly cheaper for me to do that, and then taking and using hers) but I would need to keep my number.

If anyone has been in a similar situation I would appreciate any advice, thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Maseyy 

Sorry for your loss.

See help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Maseyy 

Sorry for your loss.

See help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2