Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a contract

LoriMack
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello people 👋🏼 My partner is really annoyed with the phone he got (he chose a phone that didn’t cost much monthly and it’s not working out too well) and he’s been offered a better deal with an iPhone from a different company. I know you can pay off your device plan easily but what about actually cancelling the contract? Are you charged for the whole time your airtime has left? He’s on a 24 month contract and is only say 7-8 months in. If anyone has any knowledge in this it would be much appreciated before I phone o2 to find out 😊
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @LoriMack just pay off the device plan and cancel the airtime for free https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @LoriMack just pay off the device plan and cancel the airtime for free https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At worst he will only have a full month to pay and then he can take up the offer from elsewhere. If it's a change of network he will need a PAC from O2 to keep his number.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Message 3 of 6

LoriMack
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you I will give them a phone when he’s decided what he’s doing. I have no idea since I’ve been with o2 for years and never wanted to change
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best of luck wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6