cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a Volt O₂ sim as a result of Virgin Media Price Rises - 02 want to charge me! Grrrr

swattz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a result of the changes to my terms & conditions, I was given the opportunity to cancel my Virgin Media and Volt O₂ sim.
They claimed that there would be no cancellation fees:
"you can change or cancel your package, including your Volt O₂ sim, any time before 4th April 2023, without paying any cancellation fees".

However, when I contacted O₂ today, they were adamant that they would change me, even though the words "without paying any cancellation fees" were clearly stated in the Email from Virgin \ O₂.

Now, like most people who have a mobile phone, I want to take my phone number with me and this is apparently what they are charging me for. So, in effect, they have completely mislead customers, because "any" means "any" - except if you're O₂.

I believe that O₂ must honour their statement and allow customers, like me, who have been given the opportunity to leave "without any cancellation fees" to do so. It could be claimed that they are in-fact advertising a fraud, as they clear are charging a fee for cancelling.

How can I get Virgin / O₂ to honour their own statement?
What is my next move?

Message 1 of 49
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @swattz wave so what some others here have stated is correct, the cancellation does need to originate from VM, which I know you said you had contacted them first. 

Customers who have taken a bundled Volt Sim package through Virgin Media do have Right to Cancel due to the Cable price increases. In this scenario the only way that the O2 SIM can be cancelled without cost is if the VM package is fully cancelled first. The VM team should pass the customer into the relevant O2 channel to then process the O2 cancellation.

Since you have done this process, please reach out to O2 on social media so that they can take a look from there Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG).

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@swattz 

As the email came from Virgin you need to cancel through them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 49

swattz
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did precisely this and it was Virgin who transferred me to 02 in order to cancel my Volt Sim.

So the ball is clearly in 02's court.

Message 3 of 49

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Come up a few times on the Virgin Volt forum. Apparently Virgin said if both were bought together through them then you could leave. However it appears Virgin have not told O2 whose agents have no facilities on their systems to do that.

Virgin will bounce you back to O2 and O2 will bounce you back to Virgin

But it is Virgin's under law.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@O2Emma Can you assist here please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 49

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will picks this up thanks.

signature
Message 6 of 49

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @swattz I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 7 of 49

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah-  Can you look into this for @swattz please.

signature
Message 8 of 49

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

@swattz I will send you a private message so we can check your account 😊

Message 9 of 49

swattz
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I saw this at 3:59pm, and replied with the information requested.

Message 10 of 49