Did you mean: 

Cancelling Tarriff

luke14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I'm trying to cancel my tariff. It's all paid up, but impossible to get through to anyone at o2. 

I had previously tried to switch from one o2 contract/number to another (buying a new sim was half the price of upgrading to the same offer!), but that became too complicated (i.e. no option online and shocking customer service (i.e. total neglect)). 

I would like to switch my old number to pay as you go and use it as a backup phone, but there doesn't seem to be an option for this either.

Side rant: is this service designed to be impossible/difficult to get out of? It's actually appalling. I won't be staying with o2 after the next contract comes out. I've been with them for 10 years, and have to admit: it is only laziness that has kept me around. Added to that that the company has sold my number to others (I get around 10 calls a day from people asking for 'martin' - this is my Dad's name, and the only place on earth that his name and this number are linked is on the my o2 account!).

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@luke14 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

or how to switch accounts here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@luke14 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

or how to switch accounts here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2