Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled within 14 days

MrsFox
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cancelled a sim only contract yesteray via the 202 number [within the 14 day change of mind thing]. Should I have had a confirmation email? as so far the contract is still live and showing on My O2. The guy on the line also told to cancel my direct debit which I can't do as i have another contract on my account which is being used. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144987 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@MrsFox 

That was poor advice and would make me think they didn't know what they were doing, so I'd call again to check.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144987 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@MrsFox 

That was poor advice and would make me think they didn't know what they were doing, so I'd call again to check.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

MrsFox
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rang again this morning and surprise surprise the contract had NOT been cancelled on Monday as they said. rage

The second call guy was pretty abrupt and rude but went through all the cancellation speil but then he seemed to put the phone down on me when I asked about getting confirmation of the cancellation. so I was still not sure it had been cancelled.

I rang AGAIN and spoke to someone who confirmed it HAD been cancelled today but they send no confirmation of cancellation. I am not 100% convinced but we shall see.

Come on 02 this is pretty bad customer service and please don't use the working from home/covid excuse a lot of us are working from home and manage to do our jobs efficiently and professionally.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144987 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Thought as much.
Hope it's all sorted now.
It should disappear from your MyO2 when cancelled.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

MrsFox
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still showing on my 02- I will check again tomorrow

Message 5 of 5