cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been on live chat for 20 minutes to cancel my sim only contract.  I was asked repeatedly my reasons for cancellation (even though I had been very to the point from the start - I had already purchased another mobile with another provider).  I had to ask if my 30 days notice had kicked in now that I had spoken with them - only to be told I needed to be transferred to the 'cancellation team' and then had to go through everything again!!!  Very frustrated and would put me off from entering another contract with O2.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122993 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

A pet hate of mine when you have to constantly repeat everything over and over again. Live chat don't have a very good reputation sadly.

Take a look at this hel thread to make sure you have everything covered

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Just remember when cancelling you need to leave your direct debit in place until O2 have taken the final payment...which may be a month later. Best of luck with your new network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
If you wish to take your number with you, you will need a PAC which will instantly cancel your O2 account once you use it with your new network.
It's the safest way of cancelling a contract too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Live chat should have just issued the PAC and that would have been the end of it. They should come with a government health warning. 

Message 4 of 4