cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone tell me how the cancellation fees are worked out if I am not happy with my contract? I swear I was misquoted

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you are outside your "change of mind" period (7 working days from taking it out) its calculated like this:

- the cost of your monthly line rental (without any boltons - data/insurance etc) x the length of time left on your contract, to the exact day of the end date.

quick example - £36 tariff, 19 months left - £684 give or take a few pennies. £15 tarrif, 2 months left - £30.

So it very much depends on the deal you're on. If you think you were misquoted always refer back to your paperwork. It will show you what was agreed.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your talking about cancelling your contract after the cooling off period then just times the amount of remaining months by the monthly fee.

Can you elaborate on why you think you were mis quoted. 

We may be able to clarify or suggest an alternative to paying such a large amount of money to cancel your contract. 

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you are outside your "change of mind" period (7 working days from taking it out) its calculated like this:

- the cost of your monthly line rental (without any boltons - data/insurance etc) x the length of time left on your contract, to the exact day of the end date.

quick example - £36 tariff, 19 months left - £684 give or take a few pennies. £15 tarrif, 2 months left - £30.

So it very much depends on the deal you're on. If you think you were misquoted always refer back to your paperwork. It will show you what was agreed.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was quoted 133- 150, I have 5- 6 months left, I pay £21.00 per month, but £6.00 of this is for a bolt on. this means £15.00 at 6 months for arguments sake should be £90??
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That sounds about right. I would call them and ask again for the termination fee as the adviser you spoke to has obviously got it wrong. Don't use the chat option for account related queries though.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I thought I was the one that was going mad.
Message 6 of 6