Cancellation

Sam779
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,

So my contract finishes on 31st July 2020
I am being told that I can upgrade at the moment for free and my device plan has been paid off. My question is: can I cancel the contract with O2 completely(say if I wanted to change network provider for examole) or do I have to use the upgrade option if I want to get a different phone and contract? I am assuming I have to wait until my contract end but since it is saying my device plan is paid off I thought it was worth looking into.
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sam779 

If your device plan is paid off and you are eligible for an upgrade you can do that now.

If you want to cancel and go elsewhere then follow the info here

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  and here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sam779 

If your device plan is paid off and you are eligible for an upgrade you can do that now.

If you want to cancel and go elsewhere then follow the info here

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  and here Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Sam779 

As your device is paid off you can move network at any time Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

On refresh once the device is paid off the contract effecively becomes a rolling monthly airtime contract. The term of the original refresh contract is set by the credit agreement for the device, once this is paid you in effect are out of contract. If you go to another provider and want to take your number over get a PAC code from O2, once this is used it will automatically close your account and generate your last O2 bill or simply look on O2 for the best deal for you and upgrade.

Message 4 of 4