cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone!

I joined o2 the other day and it already looks like it's time to part ways.

The 3G speeds at home are are Ping of 6,345 Download : 0.01mbps and Upload : 0.00mbps.

At work I have no signal whatsoever despite the coverage tracker showing my work as having excellent coverage.

I've had a friend on o2 round to my house and his speeds are the same 😞

As I've already used the phone and unboxed it etc, what are my cancellation rights?

Thank you

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a 7 day cooling off period in which you're free to cancel (you just pay for what you've used), if you took out the contract from a store return it there, if over the phone or online just call 202 (free call from the phone).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a 7 day cooling off period in which you're free to cancel (you just pay for what you've used), if you took out the contract from a store return it there, if over the phone or online just call 202 (free call from the phone).

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the Community RyanP1992

As Kyle has stated above, there is a 7 day cooling off period. If you are still inside that then please contact customer services on 202. Please DO NOT use live chat for this.

If you are outside of the 7 days then I am afraid you are committed to the contract. Did you not check out signal coverage using a free payg sim first or did you rely on the coverage checker?

O2 Are rolling out a national programme of upgrades including a commitment to 98% of the population to receive 2g 3g and 4g by 2017 although they expect to reach most of that by the end of next year.

Have you checked the status to see if a mast is down? Enter your postcode at status.o2.co.uk

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used the coverage checker which I guess was quite silly. For my home address, calls and texts are excellent but mobile data was 2 bars on the checker ; i have wifi anyway so that didnt really matter.

I also checked my work postcode and that was excellent for everything. Was in today and the signal kept dropping constantly.

Thankfully im 3 days into the contract so still within the cooling off period. What is wrong with the live chat ; they just not equiped for cancellations?
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They are outsourced and things are known to go very wrong with cancellations and ending contracts. As advised either speak to customer service on 202 or if bought from instore then you need to return it there.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked the status?

Live chat is NOT recommended on here for account changes. Of course you are free to use that route if you wish but we hear so many stories on here of things going wrong hence we only recommend them for basic enquires.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Status is showing as network working correctly for both postcodes. I shall phone 202 in the morning
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on a sim only deal and haven't even got as far as transferring my number so I'm off if it isnt resolved by the end of the day. The chat lines are answered by people with good English but they use the same response as other providers when things get difficult - the system is down. 

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you checked the status?

Live chat is NOT recommended on here for account changes. Of course you are free to use that route if you wish but we hear so many stories on here of things going wrong hence we only recommend them for basic enquires.

@Anonymous Just for my information - is there any formal and regular communication between the managment of this forum and O2 whereby the "many stories of things going wrong" with Live Chat are brought to the attention of appropriate people or departments in O2 so that those wrongs can be put right?

Gerry

Message 10 of 17