Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation due to poor service

Martbass
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone managed to cancel their contract half way through without paying the remainder exit fees due to poor service?

I've been having trouble with dropped calls, poor or no data signal both inside and outside my house for over 2 months. The website checker says again there is a problem with the mast in my area ( it's been like this on and off for a few months)
The web chat / advisors insist I can't get out of my contract without paying my contract up about £300.

It's so frustrating not being able to speak to someone senior about it.

Surely there is the ''supply of goods & services act 1982'' that would cover this situation?

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Martbass What you've been told is correct. If you read the Terms & Conditions you agreed to when you took your contract out you will find that it's difficult to cancel because of the reasons you have stated. You can try WiFi calling if you have a compatible phone: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

If you still want to leave, see this: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Martbass 

The act that you mention does not cover you..  as no mobile network provides to consumers an SLA or a Service Guarantee, and as per the terms and conditions they don't guarantee service at 100% of locations.

The Supply of Goods and Services Act was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act on 1 October 2015

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5797 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Martbass 

You might want to work through :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

You have been having problems for two months ; did anything change at that time that might have caused your issues ? 

If you cannot resolve your problem, you could ask O2, as a gesture of goodwill, to release you from your contract without penalty. You would do this via the complaints' procedure :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I believe that the legislation and the Terms and Conditions do not support you, so I am not optimistic that you will be successful. Nevertheless, there is certainly no harm in asking. 👍   

Message 4 of 4