cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to cancel my contract please.

I have tried ringing for hours from my mobile and also using the other number whilst at work. I have not managed to talk to a single person yet.

My 18 months are up so it is time to go. I dont want a new phone, Im leaving because of the lousy signal in my area and the frankly laughable data plans.

I work away from home so only use my phone for 2 weeks in a month, I have wifi at home(good job cos I cant get 3G) yet somehow I manage to use my data allowance.

I am off to another provider where I can get a signal (I know because my wife has already moved hers) and one that offers me more data.

Which is a shame because I have been with o2 in its various guises since 1997

I will try again tomorrow but after that I am going into the shop, if they wont cancel then I will just cancel my direct debit

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im sorry to hear of your woes.

This is a user to user forum so as fellow customers we can't help you.

Use the contact us option as already said or write them a letter.

Hope your new network offers you what your wanting. Just do a little homework by testing them out before signing on the dotted line.

Other network forums are also littered with disgruntled customers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you look at "Contact us" at the foot of the page you will see other ways to get in touch.

Cancelling your direct debit is a very bad idea as O2 will simply pass any debt to a collection company and this will affect your credit record.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im sorry to hear of your woes.

This is a user to user forum so as fellow customers we can't help you.

Use the contact us option as already said or write them a letter.

Hope your new network offers you what your wanting. Just do a little homework by testing them out before signing on the dotted line.

Other network forums are also littered with disgruntled customers.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately my works browser wont let me use the chat facility and besides having read through the complaints it seems you have to ring retentions anyway.

As for homework, as suggested above, my wife has already moved. I did try a different provider a few years ago but I wasnt happy with them and immediately went back to o2, Im sure there are complaints with every provider and I have been happy with o2 for most of my 20 years, but not being able to get a 3G signal in my area where my wife has no problem has made me decide enough is enough.

And as for the data allowance, I only use my phone for 2 weeks a month, most of that time on wifi. I only send the odd imessage, check my emails and a web page every now and then, hardly a big user, yet I manage to use up my data allowance.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately my works browser wont let me use the chat facility and besides having read through the complaints it seems you have to ring retentions anyway.

As for homework, as suggested above, my wife has already moved. I did try a different provider a few years ago but I wasnt happy with them and immediately went back to o2, Im sure there are complaints with every provider and I have been happy with o2 for most of my 20 years, but not being able to get a 3G signal in my area where my wife has no problem has made me decide enough is enough.

And as for the data allowance, I only use my phone for 2 weeks a month, most of that time on wifi. I only send the odd imessage, check my emails and a web page every now and then, hardly a big user, yet I manage to use up my data allowance.

I fully understand and of course you must go where your given adequate signal.

Its not advisable to use the Live Chat facility for account enquiries and upgrades, cancellations etc

Ref data useage ; it is documented in other threads on here and in other forums that some smartphones use data in the background as they update, such as weather apps as an example.

e mails with attachments use more data.

iPhones with Siri -  Siri uses data.

Some apps use location services which uses data.

I hope you get sorted. 

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is precisely my point about the laughable data allowance.

O2 realised a long time the way phones were moving, thats why they cancelled their unlimited data allowance. They make far more money off the data but they try to hide it but offering free minutes and unlimited texts.

Message 6 of 13

Charlieboyoo
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

thats true,most people i know are more worried about data than mins or texts

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup.

Provide me a 2gb data allowance on payg please 02 !

Lol

wink
Message 8 of 13

Rob8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I am trying to cancel my account and I can't get anyone to talk to on phone and someone on here said maybe send a letter, Who does that these days it easy to start an account but trying to cancel is impossible total pain can anyone help?
Message 9 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Rob8 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 13