cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling contract after Contract has expired and now got a PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have read the online guides which are all extremely helpful as well as all the other threads, however its still not completely obvious as to what Im trying to find out.

Basicly, My contract has just ended and was due for a free upgrade however unfortunatly the deal I can get elsewhere for a different provider was better than what could be offered with O2 which is unfortunate because through my experience O2 does provide the best customer service out the lot. Anyway, Im going with the money and going for a cheaper deal, and I now have a PAC code which I got today. I called to get this today, but from the guide it states I am now in a 30 day notice period. Even though my 24 month contract ends today, if I use the PAC code today will I be subject to be charged for the remainder of the 30 day notice period or will there be no charge (if I dont use my phone of course within that period).

Hopefully someone has the answer. Sorry if I have missed it if its explained in another thread but I checked them all and the excellent guide provided on this (I think by David) and i'm still confused just with that point.

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As far as I understand it, if you use the PAC now you will only be charged for the period until you do.

It's best to keep your direct debit in place until you get a final bill from O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As far as I understand it, if you use the PAC now you will only be charged for the period until you do.

It's best to keep your direct debit in place until you get a final bill from O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for that Perksie.

Really appreciate that quick response. I'll attempt it and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It;s not gospel, no doubt if wrong I'll be corrected later when more members are online.

Let us know how you get on.

Most tend to give 30 days notice in the month before the contract ends.

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll chance it anyway because thats how I was kind of interpritating it...plus want to make sure I get the same deal im after otherwise Id be best staying...which would have been nice!!

Message 5 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well you have to go with the best deal you can get, as long as the signal is good too.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, just to be clear, being eligible for upgrade doesn't mean you are out of contract. NOw you have your PAC you can give this toy our new provider. If you are out of contract, you will only pay for your line rental until the date your number is connected with O2. Otherwise, you will be charged up until the date your contract officially ends with O2.

Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122999 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The OP said their contract had just ended @Anonymous  so we presume that to be the case. Using the PAC will automatically end it anyway. The most important issue is that no direct debits are cancelled until O2 have taken all the monies due to them..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526
O2 contract will cancel when PAC takes effect (usually 2 days after).
O2 will still bill you for another month (normal policy) but as soon as your PAC takes effect your account will go into credit, so O2 will refund the extra months charges (this is why it is important to leave the DD in place until O2 have refunded you).

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, just to be clear, being eligible for upgrade doesn't mean you are out of contract.

They said in the first post they are out of contract.

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused over this, so asking for your patience while i try and explain.

I'm out of contract from 14th April, one month ago.

I used live chat on Monday 11th May to cancel ( they confused me even more) basically o2 phone is broken so have new phone from a different provider with a new number.

Used live chat to cancel o2, explained the phone wont be used anymore or the o2 sim.

Accessed my o2 and can see the account and number is still live.

Question is even though the phone or sim is not being used will i still have to pay for another month.

Thankyou.

Message 10 of 15