cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract - Miss sold

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently been mis-sold for a o2 contract, which included in a deal which i was told was included in the deal only to told i was given false information and i wish to cancel this contract how can i do this.

Kipling

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you are within 14 days then you need to return it to the place you got it.
If that was an o2 store, take it back there.
If it was another physical store, take it there.
If it was on-line then you need to contact the company that you purchased through.

If you are over 14 days, then unless you have proof you were mis-sold the contract you will need to pay either the device plan (if on refresh, ie purchased directly from o2) or the monthly amount x the number of payments left (if purchased from another company).
Do either of the links above not help @Anonymous?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you are within 14 days then you need to return it to the place you got it.
If that was an o2 store, take it back there.
If it was another physical store, take it there.
If it was on-line then you need to contact the company that you purchased through.

If you are over 14 days, then unless you have proof you were mis-sold the contract you will need to pay either the device plan (if on refresh, ie purchased directly from o2) or the monthly amount x the number of payments left (if purchased from another company).
Do either of the links above not help @Anonymous?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
See policy requirements here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  General information re cancelling your contract here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526

As said above you will have to prove you were mis-sold this in the first place.

There is a compaints link here if required https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous welcome to our forum! Please do take a look at the advice given above by our members (cheers @gmarkj@MI5@Cleoriff!) and let us know if this is helpful for you and if you have any further questions?

Message 5 of 5