Did you mean: 

Cancel a settled contract

NicC96x
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

just wondering how I go about cancelling a contract? the device plan was settled a while ago (but ive been lazy and not sorted it!) and I now am only paying the airtime bill. However, I want to cancel this fully as I do not really make use of it and it is become a bit too expensive

I understand there will be a certain amount of time left before it can be fully completed and over with, but how do I go about doing it? Do I need to ring up o2 or can it be done online?

Thank you, Nicole.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NicC96x 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

NicC96x
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I have had a read through and I now understand what I need is a PAC code, however I am unsure how to obtain one of these online I have searched all over my o2.

I will presume I am better ringing up o2 to sort it, as I have two contracts on my account and do not want to end up cancelling both.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NicC96x 

As you have 2 contracts on your account, yes, you'll need to call.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

and here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

WILDMAN
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I only have one month left to pay which will be paid in 7 days what do I need to do to swap to another provider as they are considerably cheaper? Thanks
Message 5 of 7

WILDMAN
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will be paying a Sim only payment and want to get a new handset and contract but not with O2 as they are not competitive any longer.
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@WILDMAN 

All answered here on your own thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Cancellation/m-p/1374807#M207553 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7