cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the local o2 store do O2 Recycle their and then and apply it to my account?

NOVATROOP77NI
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm really thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 14 Pro Max from my iPhone 13, or maybe waiting for the S24, or getting the S23 Ultra now.

But if I do either, can O2 do the recycling in-store and apply credit right away, or do they have to send it off?

I can get £390 from Music Magpie, but it's the hassle of sending the phone off.

What O2 would give me would clear my device plan anyway, which is about £310.

Has anyone used Music Magpie , CEX would only give £300? but least would have the cash in hand?

If I paid the cash in at o2 store could they clear my account?

Also do will the new phone still have refresh on it that can do the same with device plan.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

o2 recycle would have to send the phone off, and there is no guarantee about the amount you would get @NOVATROOP77NI - just search on the community to see some of the horror stories.

Not used Magpie for phones so not able to comment on them.

If CEX take it and give you the cash immediately then that is the least risk (although also the least money).

Ultimately it's up to you...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

o2 recycle would have to send the phone off, and there is no guarantee about the amount you would get @NOVATROOP77NI - just search on the community to see some of the horror stories.

Not used Magpie for phones so not able to comment on them.

If CEX take it and give you the cash immediately then that is the least risk (although also the least money).

Ultimately it's up to you...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 5

NOVATROOP77NI
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yeah have been trying their web site must be getting hammered at mo there is a local shop at abbey centre near me.

Am a better lodging the cash into my account and just clearing the balance online the people at the stores a detest,

Message 3 of 5

NOVATROOP77NI
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Your post seems to be double must be a bug in forum

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Solutions appear just under the original post (if there is one) and then in the normal position according to the post number @NOVATROOP77NI which is why it appears twice.

Message 5 of 5