Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive calls or texts but can send texts & make calls

alantonkin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hoping someone can help. Around mid January I noticed that I wasn’t getting calls or texts. I was with Three at this stage. After contacting their support I was told that it was an issue affecting a number of users but that they were unable to say when the issue would be resolved. Two weeks later and still no resolution I then decided to join O2 and port my number over. The porting was done on Thursday/Friday however the gremlin has followed me to O2. I visited an O2 store on Saturday and we determined that it had nothing to do with my device. When the assistant dialled my number from his O2 mobile the call came through. However calls from any other network or landline just get an out of service type tone. I am at my wits end as I don’t want to change my number.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

There is a short code to dial to start/stop voicemail in this guide @alantonkin 

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I'll also mention the community advisor as you have tried customer services.

Can you see if you can help @O2Sarah-  (mention is a guess as the rota has not been updated @Martin-O2 @RafaC @Breanna )

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@alantonkin 

Try a new sim keeping your old number.

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202

or 0344 809 0202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

alantonkin
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is exactly what was done by moving to O2. Brand new sim and ported my number over. The O2 store called customer services & I spoke to them there. They were unable to resolve the issue and referred it to their admin team who only opened today. Haven’t had any response from them so far.

Message 3 of 19

alantonkin
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a default password that O2 use to set/clear call forwarding/barring? I have tried all the usual suspects 0000, 1111, 1234 to no avail (network or SIM card error)

Message 4 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

There is a short code to dial to start/stop voicemail in this guide @alantonkin 

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I'll also mention the community advisor as you have tried customer services.

Can you see if you can help @O2Sarah-  (mention is a guess as the rota has not been updated @Martin-O2 @RafaC @Breanna )

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 19

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@alantonkin I will send you a private message so we can check your account 🙂

Message 6 of 19

alantonkin
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Sarah

Message 7 of 19

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Good guess @gmarkj. It's been updated now 👍

Message 8 of 19

alantonkin
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you to all involved in resolving my issue especially @O2Sarah-. My number was still active with my old provider despite having been ported over to O2 last week. It has been properly ported over today.

Message 9 of 19

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Glad to hear that was finally resolved!

Message 10 of 19