cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls from abroad - PAYG sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I'm currently in Samoa and have been trying to make a call to the UK using my o2 PAYG sim (UK number)  but I keep getting the automated message - "you're not allowed to make this call - id 6". I've also tried calling numbers in Samoa and Australia but still get the same message.

I have received text messages from o2 e.g. authorisation codes for logging into my myo2 account but that's about it.

I need to make a valid phone call using every six months to keep my sim and UK number active.

Appreciate any help.

V

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Actually I’ve just checked PAYG coverage for Samoa and it’s unavailable unfortunately 

2038F19C-ABFF-4DF7-87DB-68E1385C5CC2.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What credit balance do you have currently?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Actually I’ve just checked PAYG coverage for Samoa and it’s unavailable unfortunately 

2038F19C-ABFF-4DF7-87DB-68E1385C5CC2.png

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you doing?

The only other way that it could be kept active then is if you could top up somehow. You may need to call Pay and Go customer service to do this though, as you can’t access it from the mobile itself. As long as there is some kind of activity on the account, the 6 months should restart.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Marjo, i’ll try top up via web and hope that does the trick.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks MI5!
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries mate.
You can also top up online here if you can redeem a voucher in your MyO2?
https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7