Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't keep O2 number from CPW on Sim Only

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Evening all. My CPW O2 ends 13-3-18. All DD paid etc of course. I wanted to keep my Z5 Compact for 6 months on Sim Only. cpw say no, only upgrade (more on that layer) or stay on £32 3GB, unl, unl.

O2 are the interesting ones. They have a suitable Sim Only but won't let me on it. They will let me upgrade via refresh total £42. They say if I want Sim Only I have to cancel with cpw, get a new connect and swap the number over. I say you mean port. They say no. But some other O2 say I definitely lose the number.

Cpw upgrade to xz1 compact is £29, less than I pay now and less than the £42 from O2.

Predictably when I suggested pac code to leave O2 and go Sim Only elsewhere they just said sure, if you want.

All this from three shops and two csa. I want O2 but they don't want me

Belated best wishes all for happy 2018 btw!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From 13/02 call o2 and give 30 days notice on your contract.
From 13//03 you can then switch to a sim only from O2 and your number will automatically migrate to the simo account.
All you need to do is call on 202 to arrange this on the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From 13/02 call o2 and give 30 days notice on your contract.
From 13//03 you can then switch to a sim only from O2 and your number will automatically migrate to the simo account.
All you need to do is call on 202 to arrange this on the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Betablue
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you kindly for the advice. Although I'm not at 13-2 yet, O2 shop and CSA both assure me I have to cancel via CPW (CPW also say so). O2 will not accept cancellation directly. I'll certainly try come 13-2 but the O2 shop girl says this happens all the time and I can only keep the number with an O2 upgrade (with or without cpw) or Pac code to elsewhere. I'll let you all know, and appreciate your time of course
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You are being told complete rubbish.
Give notice by calling o2 on 202 on 13/02 then in March you can switch to a simo tariff with O2 again by calling them on 202.
You will even keep your current sim and O2 will change it on their system.
You must do this on the phone by calling 202 though - I need to stress that to you.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Betablue
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got it, that's what I'll do! Thanks again
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good grief, I am beginning to wonder what 'training school' CS advisors are being sent to? No wonder customers are confused if they are being given that sort of advice. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6