cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i got withheld calls blocked from phoning my phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can i get withheld numbers blocked?

When the mobile is turned on someone keeps calling and not speaking , I would like to know if its possible to get these calls blocked?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 would be the only people who could actually block calls, they do so for nuisance callers, but not sure if they can block unknown callers.

Depending on your phone model you may be able to use call management (blacklists & whitelists) to auto-reject unknown callers.

Some Samsungs and Sony ericssopns have this feature, and software can be purchased for S60 Symbian and WM6 phones.

SV
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
In case they're silent sales calls, get your number registered at:

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/what/

You can put your landline on there as well, it takes about a month to be fully effective.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Further to Strange_Visitor's reply, there are also call filtering applications for smartphones that are offered free of charge. I'd used one once, though I can't remember the name, a search on google should bring it up for you.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 is not able to block numbers. who said they can?
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 is not able to block numbers. who said they can?

I did, and I was mistaken :robotsurprised:

What I meant was, in theory, only a provider can actually block a call (prevent it from ever reaching your phone).

The software that phones use can only auto-reject calls when they are received. Depending on the quality of the phone / software, the reject should kick in before the phone actually rings, but you'll still get notified that you have missed calls, so it's not a perfect solution.

SV
Message 6 of 6