cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me if o2 offered free unlimited minutes during lockdown. As did most other providers

Lorraine6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am asking on behalf of my mum she is 82 years old.

Because she has been at home and lonely during lockdown she has used her mobile phone more than usual.

But she was very surprised that her bills have gone up significantly, from around £6 a month to £65 month in April & £18 in May, She had no warning that her 500 mins allowance had run out and has been charged 55p per minute for every call over her allowance. I am sure most providers gave free unlimited minutes due to the coronavirus.

I cannot get through to anyone at O2 to discuss this and she is very upset about it as her income is very low. 

Any advice appreciated

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
Sorry to hear about this and the distress this has caused.
The best number to call on is 0800 587 4005 but there are other numbers to try in the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Lorraine6 

For the months of April and May O2 gave everyone free unlimited calls.

The costs should be refunded automatically to your Mum's account but call as suggested above to ensure they are.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Lorraine6 , how are you getting on with this since you last posted? Let us know if you managed to sort everything out with customer service or if you still need help. slight_smile

Message 4 of 4