cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use my phone in the USA without roaming charges?

USA123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am from the UK.  I am in the USA on holiday.   Can I use my phone here without roaming charges?  I am an O2 Virgin customer.  I have a Virgin sim card which came as part of my Virgin broadband package but was migrated to O2 by Virgin some months ago.  I am on a pay monthly contract.  Before I left the UK I asked the same question at my local O2 shop and was told that I could use my phone in the USA with no extra charges, but the welcome txt message I got at the airport had a list of very expensive charges.  Consequently, to avoid a nasty bill, I am just using wi fi for now.  Please let me know the correct position.  Bye, Jacqueline

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you are a Virginmedia customer and a O2 customer you should have Volt added to your account

This gives you O2 Travel Inclusive and will mean free roaming in the US

Check My O2 for the bolt on

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@USA123 See this guide: USA - Roaming with O2 - O2 Community

This is a public forum. Remove your name and number or you run the risk of being spammed or scammed or both. Go to the down facing arrow above the date and time in your post and click Edit Reply to remove your name and number.

FLAGGED

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you are a Virginmedia customer and a O2 customer you should have Volt added to your account

This gives you O2 Travel Inclusive and will mean free roaming in the US

Check My O2 for the bolt on

Message 3 of 5

USA123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Thanks for the info.  Unfortulately I can't see a way to edit or delete my post.  Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

@USA123 wrote:

Hi, Thanks for the info.  Unfortulately I can't see a way to edit or delete my post.  Any suggestions?

You can't after 1 hour

It has been flagged for a moderator to do it for you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5