cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no credit history even when I have tried to do a free online credit check it's come back with 'we couldn't find anything'. I can't even get a Debenhams card so I am pretty much screwed. I haven't got bad credit because I am like the most sensible person and always pay as you go and never use store cards. I want to build up credit obviously so would I be able to if I get a contract and would I be accepted?

Kind regards

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You may be able to get a contract but O2 would require an upfront payment.

Probably best to do this instore I would imagine.

Or you could ring customer services (don't use live chat) https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

PS it's always best to build up some type of credit history. This is the marker that companies use to check

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You may be able to get a contract but O2 would require an upfront payment.

Probably best to do this instore I would imagine.

Or you could ring customer services (don't use live chat) https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

PS it's always best to build up some type of credit history. This is the marker that companies use to check

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're more likely to get accepted for a sim only tariff to help build up your credit rating.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well I guess that's useful so it's not like a contract for 12 months? Thanks

Message 4 of 9

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

first off try the 30d sim deal as that is less risk and more chance of getting. Then build up over 6 months.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have a sim only contract. Mine is for 12months. Although they are available for 30days.. @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just make sure you make payment on time every month and it will soon build up your rating.
If you take a 12 month sim only you can apply for a full phone contract after 3 months.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your help I will go to the store tomorrow and see what they can offer me but I jsut have a feeling I will get refused because of no credit history and the more times you get refused the worse it becomes.

Message 8 of 9

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community! 

Maybe @Wa10 guide O2 Credit Files & "Credit Scores" - What does it all mean? can help! 

Let us know how it goes thumbsup

Thanks @MI5@Cleoriff and @chrisymon for all your help heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 9 of 9