cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cap the amount I can spend on my pay monthly account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help. I want to cap the amount my child can spend on the pay monthly account I have for them. Is this possible and up so how do I do it? Fed up of having phone bills over £100 per month!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No sorry, this isn't possible on O2 but is offered by Tesco mobile who use the O2 network.
Children who aren't responsible enough to hold a contract should be matched to a capped contract such as Tesco or restricted to a PAYG account where you can control the spend.

Your other option may be to increase the amount of mins you have on the tariff as an unlimited mins tariff would be cheaper in the long run.

If premium rate calls and texts are a problem, customer services can put a block on calling those if you call 202 and ask.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No sorry, this isn't possible on O2 but is offered by Tesco mobile who use the O2 network.
Children who aren't responsible enough to hold a contract should be matched to a capped contract such as Tesco or restricted to a PAYG account where you can control the spend.

Your other option may be to increase the amount of mins you have on the tariff as an unlimited mins tariff would be cheaper in the long run.

If premium rate calls and texts are a problem, customer services can put a block on calling those if you call 202 and ask.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I completely agree children need to be protected, my child is 23 and in the army hence I got the contract for him as he was on operations and unable to take the time to get one. Just at the start of the contract so unable to swap at the moment. 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can still look at a tariff change.
What are the extra charges for?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calls at peak times...

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you log into your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and go to the "tariff" section you can see upgrade options. One with unlimited minutes would be cheaper than 100 quid a month for going over his allowances.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous! Lots of helpful advice above from @MI5! Let us know if you managed to find a suitable tariff to switch to, and if you have any additional questions. Welcome to our forum! smiling

Message 7 of 7