Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller IDs all unknown

chromosaurusrex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I get an incoming call my phone says number unknown instead of the number even if the number is someone in my contacts. The last time an incoming call had a number on it was 24/12/23 but since 30/12/23 every incoming call says number unknown.

I had this issue before last May/June after the migration from Virgin mobile to o2 and this was resolved at the time by o2 support but it has now reoccurred. I tried phoning the support line but the other end of the call couldn't hear me even though I checked my phone's mic with voice recorder and it picked me up fine. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@chromosaurusrex 

O2 have developed a bolt on to fix this issue.

You need to ask them for the CLI presentation bolt on.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

cli bolt on.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@chromosaurusrex 

O2 have developed a bolt on to fix this issue.

You need to ask them for the CLI presentation bolt on.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

cli bolt on.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

chromosaurusrex
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've now messaged o2 via twitter to see if I get a response about this bolt on as still can't be heard on their end on the voice call despite being heard fine when I call other numbers. Facebook messenger link does not work on the contact option list. Also online chat via the app did not allow me to request bolt ons as an option of what help I required.

Message 3 of 10

chromosaurusrex
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

FB link working for me. Just tried it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Have you made any progress on this @chromosaurusrex ? 

Message 6 of 10

chromosaurusrex
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I eventually managed to get through to o2 via Twitter direct message. It took 3 or 4 days due to slow responses and me being unavailable when they did respond. 

I'm not sure if it was the CLI Presentation bolt on that's sorted it but that is on my o2 account now so probably. When I got through to o2 via Twitter they said they'd make the necessary changes to my account to fix my issue and to restart my phone 24 hours after they'd sorted it on their end to fix it. I had to restart my phone twice for it to take effect. 

On the contact us page, the Facebook messenger link did not work for me, when I clicked it I just kept getting "user does not exist" so this might need fixing, at least on mobile. The Facebook page link did work so I managed to get to the messenger chat by going on the contact us on the Facebook page. The response was slower there than via Twitter and even though my original message said I'd contacted them after posting here, all they sent me was a link to the community boards telling me to try posting here for help first. So if anyone else is struggling to contact o2 via the phone helpline as I was I would suggest sending a dm on Twitter as the next best thing. 

Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@chromosaurusrex 

Thank you for that feedback and for confirming that a DM on Twitter worked for you. 

I am pleased that your issue is resolved. 😀

Message 8 of 10

chromosaurusrex
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hopefully if someone else has these issues and sees this, they might be able to avoid the messing about with Facebook messenger that I did slight_smile 

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@chromosaurusrex 

Yes, very much so. 👍

Message 10 of 10