Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding not working - sim card error message

Zenthi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Partner had been trying to call me this morning and it wasn't coming through. We figured out it was diverting to my work number. 2 days at work I had set the call forwarding to my work number as I always do when in the office as I don't have access to my mobile phone. I disabled it at the end of the work day when I left. I checked this morning in the settings and it says no number set. When I tried to set a number for the call forwarding option it gave me a weird sim card error message and told me to try again later or check my network status. Eventually I used the short code ##002# to remove all call forwarding options and that worked. My partner then managed to phone my mobile. However using the short code also removed my other call forward option to divert to voicemail. I tried to set them back up and got the same sim card error message. What has happened and how can I fix this? I looked at other posts which suggested turning off wifi calling which I did in my settings but that didn't make any difference, same goes for restarting my phone. Any ideas how to get this working again?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Zenthi 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Zenthi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks I will have to try and get hold them in my lunch hour. I just didn't know if anyone else had same the issue and knew what I needed to ask for when I call o2 to try and get it resolved quicker.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Zenthi 

There has been some reported issues with call forwarding recently, but no feedback on a fix as yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Zenthi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Where has that been reported please?

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

On the forum @Zenthi 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Zenthi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 sorry I did a search on the forum but can't find any recent post about call forwarding other than mine and one other today but their issue was different

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Zenthi 

Did you try dialing 1750 to turn voicemail back on?

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Zenthi
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 No I haven't tried that as I haven't turned my voicemail off. It's still working as far as I know its just not set as a call forwarding option on my phone.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Zenthi 

##002# usually cancels voicemail as it clears all diverts.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11