cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call centre opening times

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just phoned up and was told they were shut (at 8pm) clearly says on the website 9pm whats the deal? And no I'm not a platinum customer. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

The number being called is definitely key, as there are departments which have their own direct numbers (Payment Management being one off the top of my head) which are not open the same hours as CS. PM are available 08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 18:00 Saturday and 09:00 - 18:00 Sunday for example.

The main CS team should still be available until 21:00 definitely though, as I've spoken to them myself close to that time recently.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check you are calling the right number
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think they changed the hours without changing the website. I know we've had feedback but..... 

Message 3 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome to our forum @Anonymous! Sorry to hear you couldn't reach customer services when you tried. Which number were you trying?

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Welcome to our forum @Anonymous! Sorry to hear you couldn't reach customer services when you tried. Which number were you trying?

@MarjoObviously your question is relevant but more importantly to us (who give the advice) is the fact that CS do NOT appear to be working at the times stated on the website. We all know they worked reduced hours over the festive period but that's over now. Still customers are complaining that they aren't available when they should be.

We had an issue a few weeks back when they didn't open on a Sunday till 10am. We weren't notified of that change at all..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

The number being called is definitely key, as there are departments which have their own direct numbers (Payment Management being one off the top of my head) which are not open the same hours as CS. PM are available 08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 18:00 Saturday and 09:00 - 18:00 Sunday for example.

The main CS team should still be available until 21:00 definitely though, as I've spoken to them myself close to that time recently.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Wa10....Yes but we aren't allowed to give out the payment management team number. We rely on what is shown on the website as customer to customer.

If it states 9pm close then CS should be reachable up to that time.

If they want to change it.... then it should be clearly displayed on the website and not hit and miss as it is now.

Edited to add... that you were the one who found out purely by chance that CS weren't open till 10am on the day  I mentioned previously. That wasn't shown on the website...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Oh I agree, CS should be available on the main number up to that time, and in my experience they have been - certainly on Monday of this week they were. slight_smile That's why it's important to know which number was being dialled - as if it was the main CS number then clearly this needs looking into, whereas if it was a number for a dedicated department then it's entirely possible that the call was outside of their opening times.

Still agree that any time the team are only available during limited/restricted times (Bank Holidays for example) this definitely needs to be clearly visible on the website. 

Message 8 of 8