Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call and text from UK to Ireland

Shari
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have an O2 contract with unlimited minutes and unlimited texts. I was wondering if I will get charged extra if I make calls or send texts to someone I know in South West Ireland? County Cork to be more precise. As I cannot find this anywhere in the help section or anywhere on my account section, I thought I would ask here. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help with answering my query.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23103 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Shari Calling and texting on your mobile to the Republic of Ireland from the UK is considered an international call, and you will be charged: International Calling From UK - Versus Roaming abr... - O2 Community

If you want to avoid being charged, both you and whoever you're calling need to download WhatsApp. If you use the app over a WiFi connection you can call, text, and video call anyone anywhere in the world who also has the app for free. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23103 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Shari Calling and texting on your mobile to the Republic of Ireland from the UK is considered an international call, and you will be charged: International Calling From UK - Versus Roaming abr... - O2 Community

If you want to avoid being charged, both you and whoever you're calling need to download WhatsApp. If you use the app over a WiFi connection you can call, text, and video call anyone anywhere in the world who also has the app for free. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2