cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye 02 - No Apple Fanboy here

Anonymous
Not applicable

As title,

I have had an iPhone 3G on 02 PAYG (18m contract) for the last 21 months, been waiting to see what deals a loyal 02 customer can get on the new 4G.

Well guess what... absolutely naff all...

Other than the fact that I can get a new 4G slightly quicker than a new subscriber, there is no advantage to me, if anything the tarrif is more costly and offers less by way of data allowance.

So HTC Desire on 'another' network here I come - more minutes, more data, some might say a better phone, (well at least it does not suffer the 'Grip of Death' :robotmad:)

Terminated my 02 Contract today and will be selling my 3G 16gig for £200.

Whilst my time with 02 has been uneventful, the customer retention really sucks... but there is a large queue of Apple fanboys gagging to get their hands on the 4G, so why would 02 be worried about keeping old customers. :womanindifferent:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why should you pay less than anyone else?
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Because he is Special!
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 need to make a profit, end of. oh and also? their hands are tied when it comes to iphone 4's and giving people discounts! APPLE WILL NOT ALLOW IT! Seriously. they won't. Did you think that it was all o2's doing? grin
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is not just iphones O2 do this with so yes it is O2 and not just Apple
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
he obviously aint been reading the posts from the last few weeks lol
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So HTC Desire on 'another' network here I come - more minutes, more data, some might say a better phone, (well at least it does not suffer the 'Grip of Death' :robotmad: )

I think pretty much everyone who isn't blinded by Apple's marketing bulls**t would agree that the Desire is as good as, if not better than the iPhone 4 mate wink
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the days of being a loyal customer to a network are a dying breed. As has been documented on the internet, o2 basically offer new and exisiting customers the same deals - something I am not in full agreement with but I can see why they do it to at the least intice new customers.

As for getting loyalty deals, I've found if you persevere with customer services sometime you can get a deal out of them - just depends on the mood of the person you get at times!

I've just recently got a new phone and went back to a contract, initially I was offered a £30 a month deal (with the pictures messages being charged for) and when I mentioned I could get 2 deals cheaper elsewhere including a picture message add on he put me through to retnetions.

They then offered me the same deal and discounted it by £9! So I've now got my new phone on a contract for £21, still paying for the pic messages but with a cheap contract I'll live with staying on o2 wink
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe the mention of iPhone in my post blinded people to the fact that just about every other network 'do' go the extra mile to retain customers.

Any service provider, be it mobile phone network, cable/sat tv, landline, broadband, roadside recovery etc etc are measured in the market by their churn rate. My point was that even though they had/have loyal customers (in my case I stayed in contract 3-months beyond my term), 02 are happy to let them go, and sign up new subscribers on effectively a reduced service.

Contrast this with my wife who just renewed her contract with another mobile provider, and got £7/month reduction on the first 12-months of an 18-month contract... she is still with that provider and is a happy customer, vs my circumstance, where I voted with my wallet and went elsewhere.
Message 9 of 9