cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Dell Streak, Rude Customer Service & Accusations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right, I'm absolutely disgusted in the way that O2 treats its customers regarding this mobile, being accused of lying by staff instore, the lack of communication and to advertise this phone as extra resist to damage with it's so called 'Gorilla Glass'.
Basically, I was using the phone last weekend surfing the internet and literally tapped on the mobile to click a button and the whole LCD screen smashes right before me. I didn't use any force or drop it, hit it, smack it or any other word which can be used. This phone, which was even recommended to me as being extra protected with 'Gorilla Glass' is either insanely weak or there was a general fault with the phone when it was delivered to me.
So I decided to contact O2 Support as in my opinion this should be replaced as I don't believe I should be charged the expensive repair fees for using my phone... Spoke to someone in customer support who basically didn't even want to know and told me to ring Dell as it's nothing to do with O2. So then I rang Dell which I spoke to pleasant and friendly woman who told me that I have to deal with O2 as I bought the phone from them. Fair enough, back on the phone to O2, spoke to another member of staff who basically said no question about it I have to pay the repair cost. I then asked him how long would it take to repair and whats the cost of the repair to which he replied with "Don't know...", not "1 minute I'll try and find out for you sir." Just straight and simple don't know and most likely didn't care.
So my next attempt was take it to an O2 store, walked in the shop and was seen by a young lad in there who basically turned round and accused me of lying after I explained what happened and repeatedly accused me of punching it. I kept my cool and just walked away from him as there would of been only one thing that was about to get punched and it was certainly not the phone.
Finally decided to send a complaint email which was last Wednesday and recieved the auto-email saying we will contact you asap... Still waiting to hear from someone and even went onto the online chat system and requested someone rang me immediately in which I was told someone would contact me within the next 24 hours and amazingly they have let me down again.
Totally and utterly outraged and aggravated at O2.
I have read the other Dell Streak complaints which all sounded very similar to mine.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
complaint review service aim to respond in 5 working days last wednesday expect this wednesday
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still outraged how they have treated me over all this... They said they would contact me within the next 24 hours after speaking to them yesterday morning.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'd think if the screen can be broken by just tapping on it that this is a commonly reported problem with the phone - any one else had a similar problem?
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
People have had issues with this phone by just placing it in there pockets or dropping it from a distance of 1ft. Just had a reply from the complaints department who have said they will replace the phone or even swap it for a different phone. Pleased with the outcome that it will be replaced but a very unexpected and aggravating experience...
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
People have had issues with this phone by just placing it in there pockets or dropping it from a distance of 1ft. Just had a reply from the complaints department who have said they will replace the phone or even swap it for a different phone. Pleased with the outcome that it will be replaced but a very unexpected and aggravating experience...

I cant believe that o2 have swapped your phone after you smashed the screen, there is no way you broke it by 'tapping' the glass, that is unless you have a diamond encrusted finger tip!! Well done for getting one over on o2!
Message 6 of 13

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3097 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
The problem with the Dell Streak was that the LCD was glued to the Gorilla glass (two part system). Unfortunately that introduced stresses or strains which ironically could break the LCD part by pressure. Its a well known issue hence a reason to why it was swapped.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem with the Dell Streak was that the LCD was glued to the Gorilla glass (two part system). Unfortunately that introduced stresses or strains which ironically could break the LCD part by pressure. Its a well known issue hence a reason to why it was swapped.

That isnt what the OP is claiming, they are claiming that the entire screen smashed after 'tapping' the screen. AS IF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r41d5YvvBNc
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Clearly wouldn't post about it and lie saying I tapped it if I didn't?
Obviously must have been manufacturer fault... Yeah Revsak, I've seen the videos as I did my research about the phone which led me to taking out the contract. The videos prove that the phone should be resist to damage where as mine was weak and there would be no way in this world I could have done that to my phone without it breaking instantly.
Message 9 of 13

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3097 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Clearly wouldn't post about it and lie saying I tapped it if I didn't?
Obviously must have been manufacturer fault... Yeah Revsak, I've seen the videos as I did my research about the phone which led me to taking out the contract. The videos prove that the phone should be resist to damage where as mine was weak and there would be no way in this world I could have done that to my phone without it breaking instantly.

Which is what I was getting at! It won't manifest in the short term but long term that is what happened with a simple press with Mr.Finch. It may happen quicker for some but ultimately, it is a manufacturing issue.
Message 10 of 13