cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI just  been on holiday and yet again been stung on my bill this is the reason i left ee, when taking out my contract with someone over the phone i asked them to put a block on any internations call or data however this did not happened and been charged £50.00 extra

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would have been sensible to leave the phone turned off if you didn't want a connection of any kind when abroad.
If you have phone turned on it will connect if data is still enabled.
You will need to turn off mobile data completely and just use wifi if you want a data connection that's free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would have been sensible to leave the phone turned off if you didn't want a connection of any kind when abroad.
If you have phone turned on it will connect if data is still enabled.
You will need to turn off mobile data completely and just use wifi if you want a data connection that's free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get charged as you will see in the t&c you agreed too & you unfortunately can’t use the service for free 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
  • @Anonymous didn't want to use it for free. She didn't want to use it at all hence the reason for asking them to turn off roaming data and international calls. Asking a sales person was the wrong thing to do but she would fully have expected them to do as she asked. Turning off mobile data would have stopped charges definitely in hindsight. 

I would try making a complaint

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

I’m very sorry to hear about your poor experience with your bill and it’s O2 goal to make sure every customer receives the best possible service. Did you get it fixed? 

Maybe you could check under MyO2 why you have been charged the £50.00 extra.

And you should get in touch with Customer Service because they would be able to explain why. The O2 community is a group of customers like you, so we cannot check your bill or any personal information. 

As @MI5 said you can turn off the data on your phone, because as @Anonymous explained if you use the phone, you will get charged.

But, if you’re unhappy with how your issue has been handled so far, as @jonsie suggested, O2 has a Complaints team who you can speak with.

And please, come back to let us know how it goes! thumbsup

Welcome to the O2 community! Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5