Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill charges a joke

Cronie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else think o2 are taking the p*** upping our monthly bills after the 2 yrs we have all had a s*** time and now energy bills go up o2 jump

on the band wagon too 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Cronie What you're referring to is the RPI (Retail Price Index) increase. It happens every year with every network and is in the Terms & Conditions you agreed to: https://www.o2.co.uk/prices 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Cronie What you're referring to is the RPI (Retail Price Index) increase. It happens every year with every network and is in the Terms & Conditions you agreed to: https://www.o2.co.uk/prices 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Cronie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the first time ever the hike has happened on my account. It seems you wait for ppl to renew and then a couple of months into the new contract you up the bill payments.

tesco mobile which as far as I’m aware are some part of o2 have capped their charges and monthly billing and I understand other networks also have but it seems as O2 aren’t charging for EU roaming you gain the money back by hiking customers bills. It’s a joke, ppl aren’t saving money at all 

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Cronie This is not O2. This is a customer community, and you are mistaken. The charges on contracts increase every year. If you're unhappy with that and think you can get a better offer elsewhere you can always leave: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

@Cronie wrote:

For the first time ever the hike has happened on my account. It seems you wait for ppl to renew and then a couple of months into the new contract you up the bill payments.

tesco mobile which as far as I’m aware are some part of o2 have capped their charges and monthly billing and I understand other networks also have but it seems as O2 aren’t charging for EU roaming you gain the money back by hiking customers bills. It’s a joke, ppl aren’t saving money at all 

Tesco aren't part of o2, they use the o2 network (they pay o2 to use it) @Cronie 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Cronie 

Tesco are turning the screws elsewhere, aren't as innocent as they look.. 
They are slowly getting rid of there Classic PAYG offering replacing it with Bundles aka Rocket Packs, although you can move to the old system, good luck. 

Tesco are not as cheap as they where

Tesco are an MVNO so have no infrastructure to pay for apart from a DC and some MPLS links to Telefonica. 

And it is very clear when you sign up, and you READ the T&C's that prices increases year on year in line with the RPI. 

All other MNO's and a lot of MVNO's have done the same in putting up prices by nearly the same amount.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6